Tuesday, April 21, 2015

No matter how good you are at the language, all that matters is that you testify with love.

HAPPY BLACK DAY! (a few days late, but oh well) Korea has a few holidays that are pretty entertaining here! They have a Valentines Day where the girls buy the guys presents, White Day where the guys buy the girls presents, and Black Day.. SINGLES DAY! This week we celebrated Black Day by eating black noodles 짜장면 and reminiscing on our happy single missionary life! It was fun, we went out with some of our English class members and district! I like Korean holidays(:

I've been having a lot of fun with the fact that my companion is a greenie. I can tell her anything about Korea and she'll believe every word! So we were eating this spicy soup/noodle thing 부대찌개 and there were some rice cake flakes in it. I told her they were pig ears, she was freaked out yet she still ate them! haha also there are these trucks with loud speakers that go around Korea asking for unwanted furniture and appliances. She asked me what it was saying and I told her that sometimes Korea does these practice drills for when North Korea comes to attack. She started freaking out and I couldn't hold it in anymore. It's really fun(: I remember when I was a greenie and my trainer was Korean. So I REALLY believed her. Haha

We met with our Chinese less active again this week and she was having some problems about being alone all the time and we told her that she can always pray to Heavenly Father and we actually had a really good lesson, but she didn't really want to accept it. She kept saying that she'll never have anyone to love or anyone that loves her. So Sister Northridge finally steps in and said a powerful sentence. "Sister, we love you and we know that God loves you. Through the Book of Mormon you feel God's love!" The spirit was so strong! I was so proud of her! Greenie power! It truly shows that no matter how good you are at the language, all that matters is that you testify with love.

Koreans are so good at English. Every time I talk with them it surprises me how much they know! They know more than I do! They are sooo smart! Either that or they're just really good at English because they've been studying it since they were born! haha It's so crazy how important it is for Koreans to learn English. It makes me really grateful that I was born speaking the language! English is harrrrrd.

We also had zone conference this week and it was a blast! The thing I learned the most was "missionaries are great because they're not perfect. And yet they still do what they do!" Missionaries aren't perfect and no one expects us to be! Sometimes I can be too hard on myself for not being perfect all the time, but I really learned this week that it doesn't matter how perfect we are. The fact that we're still here and TRYING is what makes us great(: We also did this 7 minute workout contest with our Mission President.. And it kicks my bumb! It's really hard and I think I'll be sore for the rest of my life.
The Elders in my district also had a baptism this week! Yay for baptisms! It always makes me so happy to see a baptism! All of us missionaries are working towards the same goal and to see others come unto Christ is the best feeling ever! We sang at their service and it was beautiful! Baptisms are the besttttt.
Have a great week!  
Sister Johnson


BTW guess who's birthday it is this weekend?? You better be sending that certain someone happy birthday emails!!!!^^

No comments:

Post a Comment