Tuesday, January 6, 2015

"Missionaries leave their families for a short time so others can be with their families forever"

With our recent converts, we got to visit with them and the whole family twice this week. And they are CHANGED people! They are so happy now and seeing their family all together was incredible. Their family is united an complete. Seeing them just made my heart so happy! They can now have an eternal family! "Missionaries leave their families for a short time so others can be with their families forever."

This week I was seriously depressed leaving the year 2014. I guess I was feeling like saying goodbye to 2014 meant that I was saying goodbye to all the experiences and memories of this year. I can always look back on everything I learned and experiences, but it's just not the same! But once we started 2015, I realized I kind of like it! We're still seeing miracles and I'm still learning! I can't stay in the past. But now that the new year has happened, I'm now 23 years old in Korea! We ate 떡국 and I guess after you eat that one new years day, you become a year older! Strange... But now I'm really old:(

We went to a Buddhist temple this week with an investigator and we even prayed in the temple! It was kind of different.. And I'm not gonna lie.. A little scary too.. But mostly cause I don't know what's going on. But instead of praying to Buddha, we prayed to Heavenly Father(: Haha that was fun!

Then on Sunday, we were going to visit some members but decided not to cause we had just seen them at church. So I decided we go proselyting in a certain area that I haven't really been to much. So we went down there and we weren't really having any luck. We were also starving because we were fasting so we decided to call it quits and head home. Then at the bus stop, I woman sees my name tag and starts freaking out! She then continues telling us that she attended our church 20 years ago and that she loved the missionaries but stopped coming to church because she got married! She also didn't know where our church was so she was asking us all these questions and she invited us over for lunch this week! She said she'd even come to church on Sunday! As she was writing down all of her information in my planner, my jaw dropped. Did that really happen? We were in an area that I NEVER go to and as soon as we decide to head home, we meet someone that was just visiting her mother-in-law. How was it possible that our paths crossed?! Of course the answer is Heavenly Father. 



He puts those who are prepared in our paths! We're not sure if she's a member or not, but the fact that she's gonna come to church is crazy! We didn't even invite her. She pretty much did all the talking while Sister Driscoll and I were in shock! SO COOL!

Also Sister Driscoll and I cut our hair.. I cut off 10 inches and NO ONE has noticed! haha it's been a full week and no one has said anything. Then I was wearing glasses on Sunday and people noticed that.. but not my hair. That's cool. I think I'm invisible!

This is a conversation with my favorite 7 year old:
Me: How are you?
Her: Happy!
Me: Why are you happy?
Her: I see you!
I almost died!

Oh and we got transfer calls on Sunday morning. I'm not leaving! YAY!!!!!! I was not ready to leave this area whatsoever! I could not be more happy!

Have a great week!

Sister Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment