Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Our little investigator played the violin in Sacrament for us while the district sang "I am a Child of God" and it was really amazing because she had MEMORIZED the song on the violin! She's 7 years old! I just love her(:

I caught a nasty cold this week so I had to rest a lot, but we STILL managed to get our ten lessons! I don't know how we did it! We are seeing a lot of progress in our one investigator. I don't know if I ever told the story about her, but when Sister Driscoll was in 금천 a member gave her a referral that was her sister. Long story short, Sister Driscoll basically sent herself a referral from her old are to her new one! And that's who this investigator is. We met with her once a few months ago and she wasn't really interested in learning about the church. She was actually really awkward when she met with is, but she wanted to come to our worship service cause she said her son has a bad personality and she was told that going to church would fix it... 

She wants her sons to grow up to have the same standards and focus as us missionaries! So for the next four weeks she came to church, but we couldn't grab an appointment with her! So she was coming to church but she wasn't even an investigator yet! We worked really hard trying to set up an appointment, and one week she finally said yes. From then on, she was such a different person! I think those weeks of coming to church she really came to trust us. We started meeting with us and she literally keeps ALL of her commitments. She knows a lot about the church already and she is seriously the golden investigator! She says she wants to take everything slow, but she's our most progressing investigator! 
Her sons also LOVE church and are excited every Sunday to come! I think it's awesome that she's coming to church for her family! She's great!

This week we also went and got MEXICAN FOOD! In Korea! It was the best almost real fake Mexican food I have ever eaten... I really miss not Korean food sometimes..
In our lessons we've also received a lot of interesting reactions to our teachings this week. Like learning that Jesus went to the Americas and how before this life we lived with Heavenly Father in the Pre-earth life.. I had no idea that these were really strange... Not strange, but different. Probably because I grew up learning these things! It's a good thing I know that they're true(:

Also Sunday was the best day ever! Our little investigator played the violin in Sacrament for us while the district sang "I am a Child of God" and it was really amazing because she had MEMORIZED the song on the violin! She's 7 years old! I just love her(: 
We also helped a recent convert with his talk this week and he gave it in Sacrament meeting and he rocked it! I was like a proud mother(:

I also recently got a letter/talk that I fell in love with! Danny Q Humphrey sent this letter to a missionary in the MTC just preparing him for the mission field. And it is GOLD. Here's a little part I want to share:

"CS Lewis said, 'We can say we believe in Christ as we believe in the sin at noon day, not that we can see it, by that by it, we can see everything else.' The things you will witness on your mission, is what makes you a witness of the Lord Jesus Christ. Even as I write this, I am looking out my kitchen window, I see the trees swaying, I see the grass and flowers, but I don't see the sun. However, it is the light of the sun that allows me to see what I see, and that is how I know the sun exists. The existence of the Son of God has that same value to us, as CS Lewis put it so well, it is because we can see at all that we know Christ lives."

It is so true. Christ is our LIGHT and through Him we can see everything. Through Him, I have seen the truth and that is why I am serving a mission. I am so glad to have this opportunity to truly testify of Him.
Have a great week and DON'T GET SICK!  

 Sister April Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment