Tuesday, February 17, 2015

When I said goodbye, she kept saying how sad she was and she even cried! I really hope I will be able to come back for her baptism!

So It's official. I spent six months in Gokbanjeong. And now I'm going to THE BIGGEST CITY. GANGNAM. Yeah never thought that was going to happen... Going from the start of my mission from the most country to the city! I hope it's not a huge shock..

We got the call Sunday morning and I didn't want to come to terms with the fact that I was leaving the best ward ever! I got really sad, and I seriously have no idea what Gangnam will be like.. It'll for sure be an adventure! I spoke in church on Sunday for my "last talk" and all I could feel was love. I had so much love for these people. I got to know them really well and I really felt like a part of the ward.
 It's sad thinking that I'll leave them, but I know they'll still be an amazing ward without me! Everyone kept telling me that Gangnam was awesome and that I'll eat a lot of really yummy food. So I'm excited for that! I'm always down for food! The members here are awesome though and I felt so much love from them! I really have learned so much being here.

Saying goodbye wasn't easy. Especially to our one investigator that is progressing super fast! When I said goodbye, she kept saying how sad she was and she even cried! I really hope I will be able to come back for her baptism! Another young woman told me not to leave, I said I didn't want to and she said, "Then don't go!" Haha I only wish.. The Elder's investigator even wrote me a note. I want to share it cause it applies to my entire mission! SO MUCH SARANG! [love]

Goodbye is not forever.

Goodbye is not the end.
It simply means I'll miss you
Until we meet again.

Anyway, enough sadness about leaving this area! This week was still amazing! We gave our little girl investigators little chap-sticks that said "Choose Happiness." The little girl put it on her lips and said "행복해졌어요!" (I became HAPPY!) It was adorable..
We also learned how to make gimbab (california roll type things) and jabchae! (vegetable noodle things) If you have ever eaten Korean food with my parents, you know what I'm talking about! Super super fun!

I had so many other things I wanted to write.. But my mind is going crazy. We have 11 appointments with members and investigators in three days and we still have to ship my luggage and stuff! AHH. NO PDAY. Okay have a great week! Love you all!!! 
Sister April Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment