Friday, March 7, 2014

First week in MTC


Hello all!
The MTC is wonderful, but I have a love/hate relationship with it. I often ask myself. "Why in the world did I want to speak another language?!" Learning Korean is so HARD. It's by far one of the hardest things I have ever done. The schedule here is jam packed so you don't have a second to think. There have been many times where I have wanted to give up, but then something spiritual and amazing happens and I realize, this is where I want to be. Those special moments make up for how hard it is at the MTC. I know it is difficult, but with Heavenly Father's help, I will succeed. I am here to serve God, not just to learn a language. The Elder and Sisters are incredible. We are all here for the same purpose. We have a desire to learn and a desire to serve. The MTC is incredible!
 Our second day we had to teach an investigator. We were all freaking out because we had to do it in Korean. I thought it was going to be very stressful, but when we got in there, we totally rocked those few sentences we had learned. On our fourth lesson we even taught him how to pray! It was the proudest moment for my companion and I. It's so hard to preach when you don't know the language. You can't say things you really want to say, but it doesn't matter. You just need the spirit and all things will be said.

 I have been in the MTC for a little over a week now and I have most definitely been humbled. Being a missionary is hard, but it is so worth it. Wearing that badge every day is the best feeling. People come from all over the world come together to share the gospel. I am so lucky to call myself a sister missionary. Every day I realize more and more how lucky I am to be learning the Korean language so I can teach the wonderful people of Korea. I love this gospel and I love serving Heavenly Father.

My companion is AWESOME! She's from Saint George and she actually found me on Youtube! We've been friends ever since. We're basically BFFs. I love my district and the relationships I have made here will definitely friendships forever. Thank you all for supporting me!
Sister April Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment