Thursday, March 27, 2014

One Month Down

I've been in the MTC for a little over a month now! It doesn't feel like I've been here that long, but then again it feels like I've been here forever. I think the more I learn Korean, the smaller my eyes get.. Really though.. I'm not joking.

The other day we were studying outside because it was 70 degrees. It was wonderful. I saw two missionaries walking my way and thought, "Oh look! Missionaries!" without even realizing that I'm at the MTC and that I AM a missionary... 5th week in the MTC and I'm already going crazy.

We got more natives this week and they are ADORABLE. I love trying to talk to them in Korean even though I always end up saying something way embarrassing. But they're so cute and energetic, I just want to go to Korea already!

We got to host for the first time yesterday and it was the BEST! I only got to host one girl, while everyone else was hosting three or four. But it's okay because I had a great time with my girl! As I was watching everyone say goodbye to their families, I was so emotional. I was so happy for the new missionaries to start their adventure, but I was also sad as I watched the moms cry when they said goodbye. And you know me, if someone starts crying, I start crying. I wish I was an emotionless robot sometimes. But hosting was great! It's my favorite thing to be obnoxious and welcome all the new missionaries. They probably think I'm crazy, but I gotta have fun somehow, right?

The MTC is the best. I learn more and more each day and the language is surely getting easier. It's still hard trying to remember all the forms and tenses, but I know I'll get it eventually. Teaching the investigators doesn't ever get easier though. We have this really tough investigator that WON'T pray. We've tried everything and we can't crack him. We'll try a few more times to get him, but if he doesn't budge, then we'll drop him.

Here's some pics! My cute foursome companions, and my district! (the two boys on the right of the map picture are the newbies)

Have a great week! Love and miss you all.
Sister April Johnson

p.s. if anyone wants to send me some Cadburry Eggs, I would love you FOREVER...(:

"Pray as if everything relies on the Lord. Work as if everything relies on you."

"Be the example missionary that you'd want your children to be."

No comments:

Post a Comment