Friday, April 11, 2014

David Archuleta came! This time I'm not lying!

DAVID ARCHULETA CAME FOR OUR DEVOTIONAL ON SUNDAY. This time I'm not lying, I promise. His homecoming was the same day he came to speak/sing to us. We were just sitting waiting for the devotional to start and Sister Van Weezep goes, "That's David Archuleta!" I thought she was joking, but there he was walking in! His voice is like a thousand angels. It was incredible! I've decided that the reason I needed to come on a mission is that I could meet David Archuleta. Now that I've seen him, I can come home now and get married to him.. (; I used to always have dreams that we were dating, so that's gotta mean something, right?

It's been a week since I asked someone to send me some Cadbury Eggs. I have not received ANY. I am very disappointed in you all. I guess no one really loves me.. Haha

So our one "investigator" that refuses to pray surprised us the other day! HE PRAYED! We asked him to pray with us and when he agreed we were so happy! Then we realized he wasn't saying anything. I looked up at him and saw that he was praying in his heart. So Sister Gooch and I just sat there waiting for him to be done praying. It was still a proud moment and it was a BIG step for him. We've tried to get him to pray aloud since then, but he won't budge. At least he prays, right?

April Fool's Day was a joke. We didn't pull ANY pranks! The Cantonese missionaries did some hilarious ones though! They kept feeding every laxatives and sleeping pills all day. They were going to give Sister Gooch and I some laxatives, but we didn't know how to slyly feed it to everyone. Plus, giving people laxatives when they don't need it is kind of really sad. Oh well. Next April Fool's Day I'll go all out(:

The natives brought some kimchi and it was HILARIOUS watching the Sisters trying kimchi for the first time. Luckily they all loved it! They're gonna do great in Korea. The natives also brought this ramen that literally translates to fire noodles and we tried that too. It's so spicy that if you eat the entire package, you'll be crying by the end. We just had a few bites, but it was delicious. I don't think I'll ever eat the whole thing though.

I love the spirit here. I love the people. I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY! 

One of the natives has this way sweet polaroid camera and she took this for me. And a picture with my lovely companion after hosting.
Have a wonderful week!  Sister April Johnson




No comments:

Post a Comment