Friday, April 11, 2014

I memorized the First Vision in Korean !!!

HEY friends and family!

You will all be happy to know that I memorized the First Vision in Korean!!! I thought there was no way I would be able to memorize that thing, but over conference weekend during the sessions I got it down! I was so proud of myself. Now my teacher owes me ice cream. Not that I need it or anything..

In between conference, did any of you have the chance to watch that video about David Archuleta?! Well if not, look it up and if you look REALLY closely, you can see me! I'm famous! It's about his mission and it has clips of when he came and sang for us at the MTC. That was a neat experience.




Conference weekend was the BEST in the MTC. My District and I always went early to get the good comfy seats on the front row in the gym. It was great having the screens so close to us. It was like we were actually at conference! Honestly, I don't think I've ever sat down and watched all four sessions of
conference, but I can now say that I have! To top conference weekend off, we even had Vocal Point come and sing for us!

This week has been very eventful. The natives left for Korea and I was so sad! I'm going to miss them so much. If I love the natives so much, then I'm gonna love Korea a TON! We also got some new missionaries in our branch! Five sisters and one Elder ; I feel really sorry for that one elder.. Haha.   They seem really cool though! Since this is the 7th week, my companions and I are wearing the same outfit the entire week until one of the Elders notice. Not one single person has said anything yet!

I LOVED E. Neil L. Andersen's talk about how we need to build our foundation so we will be safe from Satan's temptations. How we need to be in the world and not of the world. I also loved when 
E. Eyring spoke about how the prophet and apostles say, "Oh, things will work out." whenever conflict arises. I need to remember that. Whenever I am stressed out or have troubles, I need to remind myself that things WILL work out!

This week was filled with so many spiritual things. Conference was the BEST. I am so blessed to have this opportunity to be a missionary! Thank you for all of your support and love!

Stay CUTE.
Sister April Johnson

PICS: the cute native elders and the rest of the Korean branch!

"We do not always understand the trials in our life, but we trust in God that one day we will." -Dieter F. Uchtdorf

"You'll never regret being too kind." -President Thomas S. Monson


"Extending an invitation without following up is like starting a journey without finishing it. Replace fear with real faith. Take others by the hand and lift them up; walk with them throughout their journey."

No comments:

Post a Comment