Friday, April 25, 2014

Oh How blessed i was to be sick! I shook President Uchtdorf's hand!





Oh how great my stay has been at the MTC! We've had THREE apostles come and speak to us in the span of 8 days. Elder Andersen, President Uchtdorf, and Elder Oaks! These past few days have been the BEST. I'm sorry this email is going to be long. There are too many awesome things that happened this week!

President Dieter F. Uchtdorf came Easter morning and his talk was incredible. He spoke about fearing no man. That we should put our worries and fears in His hands. He will strengthen you. He will take care of you. As missionaries, we are the extended arms of the apostles of the world today. We shouldn't let fear get in the way of testifying of Christ.

After Uchtdorf was done speaking, he went around the room shaking a few people's hands. Luckily I was sitting at the end of the aisle and totally got to shake his hand! Basically it was the best day of my life. I may of may not have teared up a little.. But in my defense, EVERYONE was crying! The way he walked around the room shaking people's hands was so Christlike and such a spiritual moment. Everyone in the room was dead silent as he went around. I almost didn't even get to shake his hand. I was going to sing in the choir, but I didn't because I had terrible allergies so I went and sat with my district on the floor of the gym. Oh how blessed I was to be sick! Haha then Elder Dallin H. Oaks came and spoke to us and really gave us a lot to soak in. He talked about three challenges. "We are challenged to change. We are challenged to achieve. We are challenged to become." Having so many apostles right as we leave has been such a blessing! I feel like they're all preparing ME for Korea!

Update on our investigator: These past few lessons have been so great. Our stubborn investigator now prays with us, he even went to church! I think he's agreeing to do all of our commitments because he can feel the spirit so strongly... Or maybe it's just the fact that we're leaving the MTC soon... Who knows?! Haha but our last lesson was on baptism. We invited him to get baptized and he said he would think about it! That is a HUGE step with our investigator. 7 or 8 weeks of teaching him and we finally made progress! At the end of the lesson, I tried to tell him we wouldn't be teaching him anymore because we were moving. But instead of saying we were moving out of the country, I accidentally said we were physically moving our bodies right now! He looked at me like I was crazy... We had a good laugh out of that one. My korean is sooooo good if you couldn't tell.

Wednesday night my district had the privilege to be the example missionaries in front of all the new missionaries that came in that day. I really didn't want to do it since it was going to be in front of 70ish people. But they told us that they hand picked our district for a reason... So of course I had to do it! We got wired with microphones and everything. It ended up not being that bad and I really felt the spirit. When we were done, Sister Gooch and I were talking about how we loved it and how we thought it was so cool that the investigator cried. I then realized that the microphones were still on and everyone in the room heard the entire conversation. We were SO embarrassed! Haha oh well, I leave so soon and it's not like I'll ever see these people again!

I can't believe I go to Korea in THREE DAYS. It really feels like it's a dream. I feel like I'm never leaving the MTC and that my mission is AT the MTC. Haha it's going to be so weird finally making it to Korea. I turn 21 in two days and when I get to Korea I'll be 22! (In Korea, they count being in the womb as a year) So I will literally be 21 for a day or two... How weird!

Thanks for those of you who took the time to read this ridiculous email! Love you all! the next time you hear from me, I'll be in KOREA!
Have a great week!

Sister April Johnson

"FEAR NO MAN. Rise up and become men and women of God!" -Dieter F. Uchtdorf

"Whom the Lord calls, the Lord qualifies."

"We are not here to be thanked; we are here to serve. Always remember who you are and what you are called to do. Never lose sight of your calling." -Dallin H. Oaks

No comments:

Post a Comment