Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Rice is GOLD in Korea !!!!

This week we farmed like crazy!
 One day we did it for ten hours. We dug out 2000 clovesof garlic and we had to categorize and tie them together so they could be sold on the streets. It sounds like a lot of work but it was soooo much fun! As we were finishing up, Elder Fullmer was cutting off the tops of the garlic stalks with a sickle... and he cut himself. 

:For behold the field is white and already to harvest; and lo, he that thrusteth in his sickle with his might, the same layeth up in store that he perisheth not, but bringeth salvation to his soul." I think he took that a little too seriously.
 He literally thrusted his sickle with his might... into his hand. Before he was rushed to the hospital, the elders gave him a blessing. It was awesome to see priesthood power in action even though they were on a time crunch. He got a couple stitches and now he's A-OK!

So rice is really expensive in Korea. You'd think it would be really cheap because it's Korea. It's what Koreans eat! But it's sooo expensive. The other day, we got a big bag full of rice from a member and Sister Kim wanted to see if she could carry it. She ended up making a hole in the bag and rice started spilling out. Everyone in my district started screaming "NOOOOOOOOOOOOO" one elder tried to save what was left of the rice and kept saying "my babies!" Haha rice is sooo precious to us; it's like gold!

We've started teaching a Korean class and I'm basically hopeless. Do you think I can teach Korean to the foreigners here? I can't even speak it myself! So I pretend like I'm a student and I learn from the missionaries(: It's perfect! Except I then realize how much Korean I don't know and it stresses me out.. But I've only been in Korea for two months. No need to stress!

This week was so fun! We even got another investigator! I can't wait to start teaching them(:
Have a good one!
Sister Johnson

PICS: Proselyting at a beautiful college. My district, we are using this picture for our english flyers!




No comments:

Post a Comment