Monday, March 30, 2015

So what did we do with our leftover chili? We didn't have any food trash bags and so the Elders thought it would be a good idea to bury our rice chili in the garden

 Whelp. I'm training! I get my new companion on Wednesday and I'm just praying that my greenie won't hate me!  I definitely don't think I'm cut out for this, but all I can do is rely on the Lord, love my companion and do my best! Training is such a critical part of missionary work, in my opinion. The trainer shapes that trainee's missionary life from the very beginning! I don't know how great of a trainer I'll be, but I do have a favor to ask, PRAY FOR ME! 

 When we got the calls, we found out Sister McNatt was leaving the area and I immediately knew they were going to tell me that I was training. Thanks dad, you jinxed it! (he had a feeling that I was going to train..bumb) These next two transfers should be interesting, especially within all the craziness of Gang nam. But I'm determined to go into it with my head up! Not even letting giant cockroaches get me down.

Other than that, we went biking along the Han River with my district and Sister Gooch's district! It was a blast, but afterwards I think we all had a hard time sitting down at times. Not biking for a year and going all out is not a good idea! Super fun though! We biked to the graffiti tunnel (:

And also I got some chili packets for Christmas and we decided to eat it together with the district before district meeting while on exchanges with the STL. I had accidentally put too much water into the mixture and so it was pretty soupy chili. How did we fix it? We just made rice to eat with our soupy chili! That was another bad idea.. The chili was.. Umm.. Not so good. A few of the missionaries were able to finish their meal, but a few could not. 

So what did we do with our leftover chili? We didn't have any food trash bags and so the Elders thought it would be a good idea to bury our rice chili in the garden of the church. Which we did. That was probably the funniest day of my mission!  It might sound a little strange, but we're missionaries and we gotta make our own fun, right? 
Haha and to make the day even better, at the end of our exchange there was just soooo much drama with some of the english class members and LA.(Less active)  To say the least, it was a very interesting day! I love missionary life!

Have a wonderful Easter this week! Love you all and check this video out(: www.mormon.org/easter
Sister April Johnson

Pics: Biking in the graffiti tunnel and our chili..

No comments:

Post a Comment